Become a City Ambassador
Travel and tourism is big business. In Central Ohio, visitors spend $5.7 billion each year, which has an overall economic impact of $8.7 billion and supports 71,000+ jobs like yours.
A positive visitor experience is critical to increase the number of visitors to our city, how much they spend and, most importantly, their desire to come back. The Greater Columbus Tourism Ambassador Program was developed to foster a destination-wide culture of quality service and welcoming citizenry.
The Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) Program is a national certification and a respected professional achievement. Through this program, frontline employees, ambassadors and volunteers will improve their knowledge of the region, craft answers to frequently asked visitor questions, interact with peers, share best practices and develop a better understanding of their role in increasing tourism. CTAs will complete required reading and learning assignments, attend a half-day classroom session and pass an open-book examination. When completed, participants will be a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) and have the tools and knowledge to create a memorable visitor experience.
You are invited to enroll in the Greater Columbus Tourism Ambassador Program and join the area’s 1,500+ CTAs and 10,000+ CTAs nationwide who have earned this designation!
- Press Release: “Certified Tourism Ambassador Force Becomes 10,000 Strong” (Sept. 19, 2013)
- The Columbus Dispatch Editorial: “Short takes: Ambassadors help lure tourists” (Sept. 18, 2013)
- The Columbus Dispatch Article: “Tourism ambassador educate Columbus’ visitors about attractions” (Sept. 15, 2013)
- Press Release: “Experience Columbus Launches New Initiatives - Certified Tourism Ambassador Program Surpasses Year-End Goal in Only Five Months” (May 8, 2013)
- Press Release: “Greater Columbus Tourism Ambassador Program Launched” (Feb. 26, 2013)
- Columbus Business First Article: “Volunteer ‘ambassadors’ to help Arnold Sports Festival attendees” (Feb. 26, 2013)
To learn more, contact Robbie Banks, CTA, Senior Visitor Experience Manager: 614-222-6149 or email@example.com.